Laser Hair Removal Vancouver.
We are using 2 different system for Laser Hair Removal/Reduction.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL).
Intense Pulsed Light technique is based on the principle of selective photo- thermolysis. Having more melanin than other tissues, the hair follicle's pigment absorbs the light, which is then converted into heat. The light energy heats the hair follicle only and inhibits its growth mechanisms without harming the skin. The IPL device allows for customizable settings (wavelengths, number of pulses, duration of pulses, delay between pulses, and power delivered) to best match the relative depth, size, and absorption characteristics of individual's hair type and to avoid causing damage to the areas that need to be preserved . This machine works on most skin and hair types (except grey and fine blond). It works best on dark and coarse hair. IPL tremendously speeds up the procedure though the use of a large-size crystal that allows to project treatment onto a larger area. The procedure time is cut so drastically that some of our customers manage to get their treatment done during lunch time.
Palomar Vectus- the most effective, safest and fastest Diode Laser to date.
Vectus is a Diode 810nm laser for hair removal developed by the R+D=I at Palomar Medical Inc, the leading company in patent design for laser hair treatments in close collaboration with Wellman Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, the best laser research centre worldwide.
The benefits of Palomar Vectus Diode Laser 810 nm :
1. Greater long term efficiency in each session's results.
2. Reduces the number of sessions required.
3. Highly effective on fine and fair hair.
4. Treatment is Painless . Sapphire laser tips with advanced Contact Cooling stays cold (4 C) during whole treatment, helps protect the epidermis and keeps clients comfortable.
5. Safety. The only FDA-cleared melanin reader SKINTEL optimizes hair removal treatments tailored to each client's skin type, lifestyle and ethnicity.
6. Each session lasts less minutes than any other laser, due to large "spot size". For more precision and smaller regions the Vectus also has the option to use a 1/2" x 1/2" spot size which also fires many times faster than old fashioned less powerful machines.
These benefits are due to:
- A maximum power output over twice high as any other laser hair removal machines.
- A short pulse delivery capacity with high energy concentration.
- 25% more heating off the follicle due to Photo Recycling System (extra 25% of energy reflected by the skin)
- A plateau type pulse known as gentle pulse, that prevents heat peaks and therefore burning: facilitating heat diffusion to the stem cells in the hair follicle.